Tuesday 6 November 2007

My report to the PTA

I would like to thank the PTA for providing tea, coffee and phenomenal Afghans after my talks at the start of term. Those nights were a really important opportunity for me to connect with lots of people and talk through ideas about education and the development of the school over the next few years and the refreshments helped greatly.

I would like the PTA to help promote my blog (fendalton-principal.blogspot.com) as a good source of information about what is happening in school and another way of keeping in contact with the school community and me. Rob has been working with some of the PTA on setting up their own blog.

Blogging is a very powerful tool which allows us to very quickly make web announcements and keep websites active and live. We need to look closely at how we are going to organise it in terms of moderation of comments and postings but at the moment it is a good start for the PTA to learn some of the possibilities.

The real power of blogging is in subscriptions as this allows the school community to be automatically notified of updates without having to go to the web to check. I will be putting some guides to making effective use of blogs onto my blog in the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors