Friday 7 December 2007

Read, Speed, Feed


Today I experienced my first Read, Speed, Feed!
What a fabulous event for our children. The opportunity for dads and other significant men to come into school for a couple of hours to read, eat and play with their children makes such a difference and is a wonderful innovation. The event has been running for 6 years now and is a credit to the school and the staff who organise it. Paul Norton takes a lead role in the organisation and all the staff take part, helping the smooth running of the day.
It was a great opportunity for me to meet some of the dads and join them and their kids in a game of football on the field. Thanks to all the men who came along and to the PTA for providing the sausages (even though I was too late and missed out on my feed!).

Read the article Paul Norton wrote for The Boys in Schools Bulletin about Read, Feed, Speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors