Friday 22 August 2008

Student Led Conferences

It is approaching a year since I started as Principal of Fendalton School and I am about to experience Student Led Conferences for the first time. I just missed these last year but I have been told that they are remarkable, a real insight into how our children learn. The idea behind the conference is that the children lead their parents or carers through their learning, explaining their successes and their goals while the teachers are present to add clarification on the very rare occasion where it is necessary.

I have spent time in the middle school this week, chatting with the children about Student Led Conferences and their preparations for them. It is great to witness how proud the children are of their work and how well some of them know what their next steps are. I look forward to seeing how the actual conferences run and talking to parents about the system.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Paul
    I'm impressed with the innovative learning technologies you incorporate. I'm a science teacher trying to follow the same path Your kids might like some things on my site (developing)
    The Jitterbugs are a great experience .
    ChemiCroc impressive
    Investigating >Ames Rooms>try one
    World Wide Telescope stunning tours for Primary
    Google Johnno's Science

    Regards Ric Johnson

    ReplyDelete

Visitors